Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pictures From June 24

Nathan, Chris, Jenny, David, Joel, The Wollam Family (did I miss anyone?) and I all made it out at some point Wednesday afternoon/evening. Nathan had quite a few of the onion boxes weeded before I got there so I jumped in and helped him finish those up. Jenny also concentrated on the boxes while I was there helping with the onion boxes and then thinning the turnips. I left after that but from what I hear Joel and Chris both tilled the peppers, the cucumbers, the squash, the potatoes. The tomatoes and some of the beans were weeded and the rest of the beans strung up. That is when Joel left so I'm not sure what else got done or what needs to go onto the to-do list.

That's going to be a lot of salsa and tomato sauce! Chard

Now that the corn is all weeded and thinned maybe it will grow, grow, grow.

The beans are climbing quite nicely.

Chris planted the basil along with more cabbage, parsnips and I believe one other item that has slipped my mind.

Now what did you guys break?

Jenny pointing to one of the large turnips.

1 comment:

Elite Stitches said...

I'm so jealous of your tomato plants. We only had 2 come up- one got trampled and the other got fried by the sun...We'll try again in the fall- should have better luck- it won't be quite as hot.